National Property Owner Protection Alliance 全美屋主维权联盟 Endorses Sandra Ung for City Council
FLUSHING, N.Y. —
On May 1st, the National Property Owner Protection Alliance gathered in front of Flushing Town Hall and endorsed Sandra Ung in the race to replace term-limited Councilmember Peter Koo. Representatives from the Alliance, including Association President Michael Wang, proclaimed that Sandra Ung was the best candidate for small property owners in Flushing.
Sandra Ung thanked the Association for their support and said, "Small property owners, many of whom are seniors depending on rental income in their retirement, have struggled during the pandemic. Even as they've lost their only source of income, they have had to pay their mortgage payments and property taxes. This is an impossible burden. The city should move swiftly to help support struggling homeowners and property owners. I've proposed passing legislation to place a freeze on property taxes, for an elimination of penalties for late payment of property tax during the COVID-19 crisis, and for allowing property taxes to be paid in installments and would work to enact that if elected. "
Sandra Ung added, "We need to go beyond that, though. Our city is in dire need of more affordable housing, and there is an easy way to provide it: provide a path for basement apartments to be legalized. Right now, nearly 114,000 New Yorkers live in illegal basement/cellar apartments. Homeowners and landlords caught with illegal basement apartments can face fines up to $10,000, and the city can evict tenants nearly overnight. Who does this benefit? Nobody. By creating a city-wide program that gives property owners a pathway to legalizing their basement apartments, we can create a hundred thousand units of safe, affordable housing while also ending the onerous fines levied on property owners."
This endorsement shows a growing chorus of support for Sandra Ung in the community. She has already been endorsed by almost all elected officials, including Congresswoman Grace Meng, State Senator Toby Stavisky, State Assemblypersons Nily Rozic, Ed Braunstein and Daniel Rosenthal.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Alexander Hart 柯立人
Phone: (929) 208-5363
By the Way :
Henan Association of USA 美东河南同乡会
海选报名要求提供下列资料： 1）护照复印件，或其他Photo ID ; 2)照片3-5张； 3）自我介绍和才艺表演的视频2-3分钟。 即可刊登在华新社华尔街报，华尔街卫星电视台，免费； 条件符合， 可以 入选《新时代弄潮儿》杂志的下一期。
- Multi Media Promotion such as publication in Wall Street News Agency newspapers both in Chinse and English and Promotion in Wall Street Satellite TV both in Chinese and English; 多媒体宣传，例如以中文和英文在华尔街新闻社报纸上发表，以及以中文和英文在华尔街卫星电视上宣传；
- New Age Waver Magazine , Special Issue of 2021 Miss Asian Pageant in Support of UN 17 SDGs. .《 新时代弄潮儿》杂志，《 2021年亚洲小姐选美特刊》，支持联合国的17个可持续发展目标。
- Journalist Work ID Card and Name Card of Wall Street News Agency ; 华尔街通讯社记者工作身份证和名片；
- Recommendation Letter to UN Headquarters to be Image Ambassador of one of the UN 17 SDGs; 致联合国总部担任联合国17个可持续发展目标之一形象大使的推荐信
- Recommendation Letter to School for further Education ; 给学校继续教育的推荐信
- Recommendation Letter to Film/Movie Maker and Director to be an actress leading to a movie star; 致电影/电影制作人和导演的推荐信，以成为导致电影明星的女演员
- Special T-Shirt which the contestants will wear in Final opening ceremony in NY; a special Hat with Logo of 2021 Miss Asian Pageant in Support of UN 17 SDGs; 参赛者将在纽约的决赛开幕式上穿着的特殊T恤；带有2021年亚洲小姐选美大赛标志的特殊帽子，支持联合国17个可持续发展目标；
- Training for opening ceremony and close ceremony; 开幕式和闭幕式培训
- Final Dinner Party; 庆功晚宴
- All finalists will receive a certificate of award; 所有决赛入围者将获得奖状证书
- 3 days and 2 nights hotel accommodation; 3天2夜的酒店住宿
- Gift from the sponsors； 赞助商的礼物